Every day it seems like there’s a new way to consume cannabis. When you walk into a dispensary, you’ll be met with a large variety of options, from bongs to vapes. But how do you choose? Which is better, bong or vapes?
What is a Bong?
Bongs are water pipes that have been around for centuries. It’s believed they were originally made out of bamboo; however, now they’re usually made out of glass or ceramic.
Benefits of Using a Bong
Many people enjoy using bongs. They come in a plethora of designs and sizes so you can easily find one to fit your style. Other bong benefits include:
- Smoke Filter: Bongs have a water chamber that filters the smoke. As the smoke passes through the water, it reduces the toxins.
- Doesn’t Burn: Another benefit of filtering the smoke through water is that it cools the smoke and allows for a smoother hit that won’t burn your throat and lungs.
- Cost-Effective: The initial cost of a bong can be expensive; however, they are cheap to maintain. As long as you take care of your bong, it will last you a long time.
- Huge Rips: If you want to get high quickly, one big rip of good bud from a bong can do the trick. If you’re new to bongs, you might want to take it slow. A large bong hit can bring on a massive coughing fit.
- Simple To Use: All you have to do is pack the bowl, light it, inhale to pull the smoke into the chamber, exhale and pull the slide, then inhale the hit.
What are Vapes?
There are several different types of cannabis vaporizers or vapes. They range from desktop vapes to handheld vapes.
A desktop vape is usually large and bulky, which prevents you from traveling with it. On the other hand, a handheld vape is discrete and can easily travel with you. In addition, handheld vapes come in a variety of disposable and reusable options.
When you think about a vape pen, you probably think of oil vapes. However, dry herb vapes are increasing in demand.
What are Dry Herb Vapes?
Dry herb vapes use cannabis flower instead of oil. The bud is heated at a low temperature that turns the cannabinoids and terpenes to vapor. Benefits of dry herb vapes include:
- Fewer carcinogens: Because the bud is not heated to the point of combustion, most carcinogens are not released.
- Smooth hit: The vapor is not hot and shouldn’t burn your throat or lungs.
- Convenient: Vape pens are small and can fit in your pocket or purse. You can easily take a quick hit without anyone noticing.
Which is Better?
Both bongs and vapes have their pros and cons. Choosing which one is best for you will depend on your lifestyle and budget. For example, dry herb vapes can be more expensive than bongs. However, bongs are not discrete, whereas vapes can easily be concealed.
No matter what your preference is, as long as you have some quality bud, you’re sure to achieve an incredible high.